10/29/2006

Day 1: Leaving with fully loaded car


Oct 01, 2006:
Departure: (出发)

After the farewell party last night, I stayed in Michael's house.
Get up in the morning, after eating nice breakfast and taking pictures, I started heading west around 9am.



Cary -> West to Winston Salem -> North to Virginia
Driving west first, after Winston Salem, Driving north toward Virginia. The pilot mountain is along the way.





Covered Bridge, Shot Tower, and Town of Marion in Virginia

I have planned a small detour to a covered bridge right after entered Virginia. The view along this route is nice, looking pilot mountain from the other side of the plane.

Shot Tower is a state park right along I-77. I spend about 30 minutes there and enjoyed the place.

Town of Marion is a place I have visited for Caving before. It is nice to stop here as well.








Tennessee

After enter Tennessee, it is getting dark. I stayed in a hotel near Nashville.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home