8/19/2006

Plan to Drive from Cary to San Francisco Bay Area


10/30: The trip reports have been posted at http://cary2bay.blogspot.com/. It outdates this post.

Plans to drive coast to coast in the end of September.

Here is a direct direction in the google map. However, I will not drive all the way through. I have to make all kinds of stops alone my way.

Camping: try to find scenic parks on my way to camp out. This way, I could enjoyh my trip to its maximum and save hotel cost as well. My route might be slightly detoured from the main direction. Good research on the route is necessary.

Route 1: Cary (819ml), Night 1 St Louis (848ml), 2 Denver (564ml), 3 Yellowstone (884ml), 4/5 Portland (651ml), 6 Fremont
Pro: Short.
Con: Long drive (>600miles), no plan to stop over scenic area.

Route 2: Cary (597ml), Night 1 Mammoth Cave National Park(Wild Cave Tour) (560ml), 2 Kansas City (600ml), 3/4 Denver(Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park) (564ml), 5/6 Yellowstone (884ml) 6/7 Portland (651ml), 8 Fremont
Pro: better plan with a few nice parks.
Con: a few long ride. No time planned in the park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home